Monday, May 23, 2011

UNC

I love UNC. I love the quad in the spring and the arboretum in the fall. I love the Pit on a sunny day and Graham Memorial Lounge on a rainy one. I love Roy all the time. But what makes UNC truly special is not our beautiful campus, our distinguished reputation or even our basketball team. It's us -- the student body -- who make UNC what it is.

I have memories of all of these things Eve talked about.  I loved sitting in the quad on a spring day doing the crossword puzzle and Sudoku in the DTH with Jaimie and then, later on, Michael Stanley.  




Fall is my favorite season and there's nowhere I've seen as beautiful as UNC's campus during the Fall.  



Oh the pit on a sunny day.  I didn't experience the pit too much until I joined Cadence... pit-sitting and pit-singing.  



And Graham Memorial was so peaceful and conducive to my reading. 



I love Roy all the time too!  I remember standing in line for one of the many basketball games I had the privilege to attend and the security guard asked if I could let Roy through.  I got so excited!  Roy touched my arm, shook my hand and asked me how I was doing.  Through great inner strength, I was able to respond with a coherent, "I'm great, how are you?"  



But I have to agree above all of these wonderful things that I will always have fond memories of, it's the people I met there and the relationships I formed that made UNC what it is to me today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment