Thursday, May 5, 2011

First's First


My husband.



I love my husband.  The singular thing that I love most about him is that he is so thoughtful.  He thinks about every thing he says before he says it.  That is something I am incapable of (or maybe uninterested in) doing.  He doesn’t talk all that much but when he does, you know he’s thought about what he’s said.  With that being said, he’s also so silly.  I love that he’s thoughtful but if he were that careful and quiet all the time, I would be pretty bored.  He makes me laugh when I’m mad… one of my favorite things he does (even though it’s pretty frustrating in the moment) is he’ll ask me a question and in my frustration, I won’t respond.  So he’ll say “huh?”  I still don’t answer.  He says “huh?!” in a higher pitch.  By this point I think it’s kind of funny so he repeats again at a higher and higher pitch and usually I wait to see just how high his voice can get- think of it as conditioning his voice.  He likes to wear ridiculous shirts that he finds at Target just to see people’s reactions to them.  Oh my goodness, when we go through a drive-thru (usually to get food for me because he rarely eats fast food), the person will say “Welcome to wherever, this is whoever, how can I help you?”  We’ll order and he or she will tell us how much it is and to go to whatever window and he’ll yell “THANKS (insert name here).  We’ll get to the window and get our food and he’ll automatically look at their name tag and as we’re leaving he’ll shout out “THANKS (insert name here).”  He says that if they didn’t want people to call them by name, they wouldn’t wear a name tag.  Duh.  I also think he’s real cute.  I am still amazed that I snagged him.  When I was in middle school, he was that guy that I had a huge crush on but he was like teen idol material.  I’m talking I had a crush on Justin Timberlake and Zachary Holliday and would have happily settled for either one.  I’m praying I have a blue eyed gene in me somewhere so that our future children can have a chance at his gorgeous eyes.  He’s got a smile that lights up the room and you can tell he’s a runner- he’s all tall and slender yet muscular.  Also, he lets me sing in the car for hours.  We’ve made many 8 hour trips and I belt out whatever’s on my iPod the whole time.  He also doesn’t complain when I turn every single song before it’s over.  He tells me he wishes I were as funny as I think I am but I can tell, deep down, he thinks I’m simply hilarious.  He’s the love of my life (good thing I guess since I married him) and my best friend- all wrapped up in one.  Oh, and he lets me keep Jeannie.  That’s priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment