Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Birthday Cards





I really really like mailing people birthday cards.  With facebook now it's not really hard to remember people's birthdays.  It's right on the front page and you click a button and type "Happy Birthday!  Hope you have a great day!"  But there's something special about getting a card in the mail with real handwriting and knowing someone went to the store and picked out a card just for you.  So what I do is... at the end of the month I look at all my list of people whose birthdays are that month (it's already typed up and saved on my computer) and I write them in my planner like as a shopping list.  I go and get birthday cards for the specific people- not just cute ones that would work for anyone.  Oh, and I always get them at Target.  Alwaysalwaysalways and by always I mean for the 3 months I've been doing this but I'm obviously keeping it up because it's one of my favorite things.  And then I take them home, put them in the envelope and put a sticky note on it where I put the day of the birthday and then under it the day I need to send it and put them in order of when to send them so I don't forget any!  And then I send them and people get so happy and that makes me happy.  Happiness all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment