Thursday, June 2, 2011

Timmy T

I love Tim Tebow.  I have always pulled for the Gators because my grandfather went to UF but when Tim Tebow became the QB at UF, I had a new reason to pull for them.  I honestly cannot believe we're the same age- when I hear him speak, it blows me away.  He is flat out amazing.  I discovered, much to my dismay, there are people that don't like him.  But I don't think anyone can argue that he is so very talented.  

He gave us a preview in 2006, his freshman season but played behind Leaks.  Then, sophomore year, he won the Heisman.  I was so excited watching the ceremony- it was the first time I had watched and as they played all those montages of his success- I got the chills.  Okay, watching the video of it now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kf16qExpZQ) these chills are embarrassing.  Me and Matt went around saying "I love Gator Nation" for a while haha.  

We took this and the next picture when we went to visit UF last August
And he didn't stop there!  I remember our junior year (ya know, because we're the same age)... I was infuriated because he had the most 1st place votes but didn't win.  Whatever- still a little bitter.  He was such an inspiration to his team- he was always getting them to rally and I will never forget watching this speech:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sGv2Zw-WQw

Also, I cried like a baby when this happened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPWqa2cqWM0

This all came about because as I was watching the Daily Show, Jon Stewart announced just before the moment of zen that Tim Tebow would be on the show tonight.  Absolutely cannot wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment