Sunday, June 12, 2011

Polite People

So today at Mitchell's Michael's, my day didn't start off well.  I worked from 1:30-6:30.  Near the beginning of my shift, this lady comes in and asks for a flyer.  Why would someone ask for a Michael's flyer?  For the coupon.  Michael's has some pretty epic coupons just btw.  Anyways, I said, we may but I know we don't have any coupons here... and she goes "Oh, I'm sorry, did I ASK you for a coupon?"  And I looked at her like, huh?  And said, okayyyy let me check.  So I find a flyer and I'm bringing it back to her and notice it is for next week so I said, "Well, I found this one but it doesn't start until next week so..." and was interrupted by her saying, "So is this going to help me this week if it starts next week?  Yeah, didn't think so."  And walked off.  Mmmmmk.  So immediately I'm called to the register.  This adorable family is at the register, buying two vases.  I wrap one, put it in the bag... get the other one, go to wrap the other one and the bag falls off its little holder and the vase shatters.  After flyer lady was so rude I was expecting the worst so I apologize profusely and call someone to find another one and she goes "I think that was the last one... but it's okay!  It's okay!  It was an accidence!"  I think the "ce" instead of the "t" was her accent but I loved it and it makes the story better.  So the moral of the story is I really, really like people who are so very nice when they have a reason to be mean... especially in contrast to those who are rude for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment